Ajou university
Graduate School of International Studies

  • HOME
  • HOME
  • HOME
  • 아주대학교


  • Course Registration
  • Check Grade
  • Tuition Payment
  • Leave of Absence/Study Resumpption
  • Immigration Issues
    • D2 Visa to Korea
    • Alien Registration Card
    • Visa Extension
    • Other Important Things
  • Facilities
    • PC Lab
    • Library
    • ASC
    • Cafeteria
    • Housing
    • Hospital
    • Web Printing
    • Wifi
  • Nubi Ajou(Student Voulunteers)
  • GSIS Student Handbook

D2 Visa to Korea

HOMEStudents Services Immigration IssuesD2 Visa to Korea

Entry VISA to Korea

D-2 (Study) Visa

Every degree-seeking international student should have a D-2 (Study) visa for their study. If students enter into Korea with a different visa (e.g. C-3, D-4 etc.) students should change their visa status to D-2 within 30 days from engaging in new activities.

General Visa Issuance Flow

  • When applying for a visa, foreigners must submit the required documents to the Embassy/Consulate after verifying that the status of stay is appropriate for the entry purpose.

    general visa issuance flow

  • Applicants applying for a visa whose issuance rights are not assigned to the head of an Embassy/Consulate must request permission from the Minister of Justice.
  • If visa issuance rights are assigned to the head of an Embassy/Consulate, it is issued at his/her discretion.
  • The R.O.K. visa, which lists the applicant’s status of stay and its expiration date, is attached to the passport and returned to the applicant.
  • ※ Please check if the content of the visa matches that of previous visa.
Visa Notification Number for Chinese Students

All Chinese students wishing to study at Korean universities should apply for a Visa Notification Number, not a Visa. Students are required to submit the following information to the Ajou GSIS in order to receive a Visa Notification Number. After receiving a visa notification number, students can apply for a Student Visa (D2) to enter Korea at the Korean Embassy in China.

It takes 1-2 months to obtain a Visa Notification Number, and the GSIS advises all Chinese students to send the following required documents when sending an application form to the GSIS. After receiving a Visa notification number, it takes about 1-2 weeks to finally receive the Student Visa to Korea.

Required Documents
Required Documents
Required documents 提交材料
1. 2 Color Photos (3.5 * 4.5cm) 彩色照片 2 (3.5*4.5cm)
2. Copy of Passport
  • 护照复印件
3. Application for Confirmation of Visa Issuance
: GSIS fills out the form on behalf of the student
4. Certificate of Admission (GSIS issues) 入學證明書
5. Certificate of Graduation 最終學力證明書(原本)
6. Certificate of Deposit (Minimum, 000) 銀行存款證明
7. Notarized Certificate of Family Register (for the whole family) 戶口部 or 戶籍證明 (公證)
8. Notarized Certificate of Relation 親屬關係公證書 (公證)
9. Certificate of Annual Income and Certificate of Employment 工作及收入證明
  • 2 color photos of the applicant are needed when applying for the certificate of recognition of visa issuance size : 3.5㎝ x 4.5㎝
  • Photos must have been taken within the past 6 months.
  • Printed photographs are not accepted
  • Bright background is preferred over a dark one.

※ For further information, please visit http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/index.html

빠른 이동 메뉴

quick menu

  • Undergraduate
  • Graduate Admission
  • GSIS Admission Guide
  • Korean Language
  • Global IT
  • Immigration Info



ajou university
  • 우)443-749 경기도 수원시 영동구 월드컵로 206 아주대학교 국제대학원 대표전화:031-219-1552
  • COPTRIGHT(C)2013 Graduate School of International Studies. All Right Reserved.
  • 담당자에게 메일 보내기[새창열림]