- Students in Korean Language Course at Ajou University will experience a variety of Korean cultures and learn Korean through culture. Cultural experiences can be provided 1 or 2 occasions such as learning Korean traditional folk games, participating in Namsan Hanok Villages Festival, New Year's Day Festival, local festivals in Korea, watching traditional performances, visiting historical sites (Ganghwa-Island, etc), filming sites(Nami Island, The Garden of Morningcalm, etc), museums, foreign cultural festivals, Korean speaking competitions, making kimchi and Korean food, visiting Ever land or Lotte World, experiencing traditional Korean culture and 1 night 2 Days camp with Korean students.
- The medium of language in Korean language course is Korean. Even though you haven’t studied Korean language, you will be able to systematically learn basic Korean letters from the first stage. So, if you attend every class from the first stage, you will have no problem with learning Korean language.
- If a student who haven’t learn Korean Language starts from the Level 1 and takes classes every semester without flunking every stage, it takes about a year and a half of year to reach Level 6 which is the highest level. However, if you have learn Korean language, you can take the course from Level 2 or Level 3 based on the level test. In this case, you will be able to complete courses faster. After completion of Level 4 or 5, you must be capable of speaking, listening, reading, and writing fluently enough to take classes at universities in Korea.
- D-4 visa(Visa for Language Course) holders can apply for the national health insurance after 6 months stay in Korea. Therefore, students should make sure to purchase the traveler's insurance in their home country before coming to Korea or purchase the student insurance separately in Korea after arrvial to Ajou. (Details of insurance coverage will be informed separately by Center for International Education)
Students who submit 3 copies of photo before starting the class are eligible for receiving student ID. Once you get a student ID, you can get the benefits as below.
- Access to buildings in university.
- Access to the library and check out books
- Use of Ajou University Student Discount Store (10% off)
- Students in Korean Language Course at Ajou University can apply for on-campus dormitory. Since the dormitory room allocation is based on the first-come, first served, students who want to apply for the on-campus dormitory are required to contact to Center for International Education (031-219-3599/1675).