1) Application Submission
What is the eligibility to apply for International Admissions?
- 1) Prospective student and both parents must be non-Korean citizens
- 2) Prospective student who has graduated or is expecting to graduate from a high school in Korea or abroad or has an academic background equivalent to high school recognized by the law of the individual’s home country
How to apply for Ajou University?
- First, you should complete the online application and then submit required documents to our office via post or visit. (Online Application(온라인지원) | 아주대학교 국제협력처 (ajou.ac.kr))
When is the deadline for the application?
- Normally, the admission deadline for fall intake is early June and the admission deadline for spring intake is middle of November. We recommend you to visit the International Admissions office which is in Yulgok Hall at least 1-2 weeks before the deadline.
May I apply to multiple programs or departments at Ajou University?
- You may not apply to more than one program per admissions season. Should you wish to study more than one program, you may apply for a double major after admissions.
Can I apply for English track as freshmen?
- Ajou University only accept transfer students for English track in Business Administration.
Can foreign student apply for Medical or Pharmacy school?
- Normally in Korea, foreign students can’t apply for bachelor’s degree in medical, nursing or pharmacy which provides the National Certificate after graduation. You can apply for the master’s degree or Ph.D. degree program in medical or pharmacy that you make you a researcher.
Language Proficiency Test result
Do I need Korean or English Language Proficiency Test result?
- Yes. Applicants have to prove their Language proficiency through Language Certificate. To get an admission to Ajou University, you need to need to qualified in the 3 categories below.
- ① Has TOPIK level 3 or completed (or expected to complete)
- ② Level 3 program or higher offered by a Korean language center which is affiliated with an accredited university in Korea.
- ③ Passed Level 3 or higher in Ajou University’s Korean language exam
I don’t have TOPIK level but I am good at Korean Language, can I apply?
- For those who have difficulties to take TOPIK test before Admission deadline, you can apply Ajou Korean Language Proficiency Test. You can submit this test result instead of TOPIK level.
Can I just submit an original degree certificate and academic transcript?
- The required certificates must be apostilled or confirmed by Korean Consulate or Embassy. Notarized by private company or original documents are not acceptable for the required certificates.
Should I submit my parents’ birth certificate?
- It is necessary to submit an official document (i.e., applicant’s birth certificate or family register) that proves you and your parents’ relationship. If the document does not include you and your parents’ citizenship information, then you should submit additional document (i.e., passport copy or other government-issued document that certifies citizenship information) for a proof of citizenship.
Should I get notarized on ID card copies?
- The ID card copies don’t need to be notarized. If that ID cards are not in English or Korean, you need to translate.
Regarding the Certificate of Completion for Korean Language Program, should I submit all level of certificates that I have completed?
- You can to submit document about performance and attendance document of final semester of your Korean Language Institute.
My TOPIK result will be announced after admission deadline. Can I get scholarship of higher score of latest result?
- We will ask you to submit your latest TOPIK result before the semester start. Your scholarship can be decided based on the latest TOPIK result before the semester start./li>
Can I get scholarship based on my IELTS(or other English Certificate) grade?
- Transfer program applicants for Business Administration can get scholarship based on English proficiency. If you are Korean track, you only get scholarship based on TOPIK level.