GKS-UIC (University Industry Cooperation) Scholarship by NIIIED & Ajou University
To provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, To develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Program Information for GKS-UIC
- A scholarship invited by the Republic of Korea government, training international students to suit the needs of companies in Korea.
- Professional training programs cooperate with theory and practices.
- Provide internship opportunities and IT-focused programs linked to employment after graduation through the provision of intensive education programs supported by the Ajou University Department of Software and Computer Engineering
GKS-UIC Scholarship Period and Qualifications
Scholarship Period: 5 years (Korean Language 1 year + Undergraduate Progra, 4 years)
Undergraduate Major in GKS-UIC Scholarship : Software Engineering
- Applicants and both their parents should have non-Korean nationality
- Graduate(or graduate-to-be) of high school who completed overall education courses of elementary school, middle school and high school for more than 12 years
In case the country of the applicant has a school system of less than 12 years, applicant who completed overall courses of elementary, middle and highschool can apply
- All applicants must have maintained a Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their high school
- C.G.P.A must be above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 이상
- Score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class
- The applicants must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1998) for 2023 application.
GKS-UIC Selection Schedule
|Notice of Scholarship recruitment||September|
|Application Deadline||October 24th, 2022|
|Candidate recommendation (University -> NIIED)||November|
|Selection of scholarship student (NIIED)||End of December|
|Final Announcement of GKS-UIC Scholars (NIIED)||End of December|
|Entrance||End of February|
- Round-trip economy class airfare
- Monthly Stipend (900,000 won)
- Medical insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Repatriation Allowance
- Korean Language Program Fee
Additionally, grantees with a good command of the Korean language (level 5 or higher in TOPIK) will receive an additional 100,000 won