Foreign language test (English)
English test conducted in school
- Test course : English
- Foreign student with the native language of English may substitute in Korean language
- Foreigners who are not English native speakers will select either English or Korean
- Conduct method : Designated institution may conduct the test
- Test period : Test day described on School Program Schedule (Note the further announcement)
- Qualification : Enrolled student in the Graduate School (including students on leave, and students completed with required courses)
- Procedure : after completing the application procedure on the website(login to AIMS2 website → 'Academic Information for Graduate School' → 'Graduation'(on the upper side) → 'Apply for Foreign Language Test'), pay the application fee(15,000 won) within the given period(via electronic transfer or automatic withdrawal).
- Passing : 60 points or higher for Master's program and 70 points or higher for Doctorate program and integrated program
- If failed to pass, re-taking of exam is possible regardless of number of tests taken
Applying for exemption from the test
Alternative courses for foreign language test
- Students who entered before 2011 Fall semester
- Students who entered After 2011 Fall semester
- 0 credits, 3 hours a week
- Apply in the period of application for classes in each semester
- Qualification for class taking : enrolled students and students completed with required courses (excluding students on leave and students in Dept.of Pharmacy who entered after 2012)
- Lecture costs : 120,000 won per each semester (based on 30,000 won/month)
- Grade assessment : PASS & FAIL
- Class formation, number of students in class, and lecture time may be adjusted depending on the results of applications.
- The classe are organized after taking English test for assessment of students’English level.
- Beginner level and Medium level classes will provide graded courses.
- Beginner level students who finish and pass 1 semester’s beginner’s course and 1 semester’s medium course will be qulified in English to submit the thesis
- Medium level studens who finish and pass 1 semester’s medium course will be qualified in English to submit the thesis.
- Students who did not take the Enlgish test will be in the Beginner’s level automatically regardless of English level and have to finish and pass 1 semester’s beginner’s course and 1 semester’s medium course to be qualified in English to submit the thesis.
- Alternertive courses for foreign languages is to decide whether the applicants English level qualifies them to submit the thesis and will not be reflected in GPA.
Supplement of Qualifications for Admission
Students who did not qualify with the minimum level of English or Korean Proficiency for special reasons have to submit to the Office of the Graduate School the results of a Language Proficiency test score before graduation.
- Ablove 550 in TOEFL PBT, 210 in TOEFL CBT, 80 in TOEFL IBT 5.5 in IELTS, or 550 in TEPS or other state-authorized English proficiency test scores commensurate with the requirements.
- Certificate of level 4 or above in the Test of Proficiency in Korean.
Confirmation of the result for foreign language test and comprehensive examination (Internet inquiry)
- application on the website (login to AIMS2 website) → 'Academic Information for Graduate School' → ‘Graduation' (on the upper part) → ‘Foreign Language Test/Apply for Comprehensive Examination' (on the left side)
Caution to applicants for qualifying examination
- Before submitting the application, the test result has to be confirmed via Internet to ensure accurate application
- The application period of academic affairs schedule for each semester has to be complied with, and reception of application is not possible after the deadline date. (The schedule may be modified depending on the situation, and if indeed modified, it shall be posted on the homepage.)