Student Life

Registration Card

①	Registration Card

Those Eligible for Foreigner Registration

  • Foreigners intending to stay in Korea for more than 90 days after entry
  • A former Korean who has acquired a foreign nationality after losing the Korean one or a foreigner born in Korea who is given residence status and intends to stay for more than 90 days.
  • Exceptions to Foreigner Registration
    • The following are exempt from registering as foreigners
    • Those carrying out Diplomacy (A-1), Official business (A-2), or Conventions/Agreements (A-3) and their family members
    • Those undertaking diplomatic, industrial, or other important duties for national security, their family members, and other foreigners found to be unnecessary to register as foreigners by the Minister of Justice
    • Foreigners from Canada intending to stay for less than 6 months, who has following visa status → Cultural Arts (D-1), Religious Affairs (D-6), Family visitation (F-1), dependent Family (F-3), Miscellaneous (G-1)

Registration due by

  • Foreigners intending to stay for more than 90 days in Korea after entry → within 90 days of entry
  • Foreigners granted appropriate status or permission for a status change → Immediately after being notified of the new status.
    Example) B-2 (Tourism/Transit) holding Canadian nationals applying for change of their status after five months of stay must register upon application

Common required documents

  • Application form for foreigner registration
  • Copy of passport and visa
  • One color photo with white background (3cm x 4cm)
  • Confirmation report of TB(Tuberculosis) test(designated 18 countries)
  • Certificate of enrollment Or Certificate of tuition payment
  • Confirmation certificate of residence(House contract)
  • Process Fee : KRW 30,000